Honesty

Why is honesty so hard. Why is speaking up about how we feel so hard. Why is having certain conversations about money so hard. Why can't we look people in the eye and tell them the actual thoughts we are having? The amount of time and negative energy that could be saved by having open and honest conversations about how we really feel and want is unmeasurable.

Personally I feel it is everything else that goes along with being honest...  the look in some one's eyes as they tear up from getting their feelings hurt, the attitude that comes from a friends or significant other still trying to digest what was said. Being honest sometimes shows a difference in opinion and for whatever reason people feel like ca they can't get past their differences.

It is definitely easier to keep your opinion and thoughts to yourself. For me personally I like to know how the people around me feel about me and some of my actions. When you are not honest with me about me and how I make you feel you rob me of the opportunity of growth therefore hindering your own growth. Everybody doesn't do things the same way, people grow up differently, raised in other countries etc. To have a problem with something and not bring it up makes you at fault for your own irritations that lead you to resenting a person or situation. I think giving people the benefit of the doubt is always an option. I feel like people are in a place where we are looking for growth and to do better in life. If you respectfully bring up your feelings about someone's actions and they get upset to the point where the relationship is strained and can't recover then it wasn't what you thought it was.

Personally I think what is worse is when in the heat of a moment you find out how someone really feels and you concentrate more on the delivery and miss the whole point. Then you recall all the moments with that person and wondering if this is how they felt the whole time? Or was what you two experienced even genuine if they secretly are resenting you and talking trash to the next person. Way too many thoughts run through my mind if this was to occur.

We can call agree that the truth hurts but it so important that we be connected with people that will give you that. What I will do is take my feelings out of statements and work hard on listening to what is being to told to me as an opportunity to self reflect on how I can change the out come of the situation for the better. Especially if its a genuine person included in my circle I can't help but take in consideration what they are saying to me. Growing from past mistakes and arguments I have had in the past with some of my nearest and dearest is a potential starting point.

I say all that to say be honest about how you feel and how your tribe, village, crew or whatever you call your group of friends/family members make you feel. It so important to politely check folks on how they treat you. And if you can't have a solid conversation about your feelings with the people you love then well... you know the rest...

Night,
Charity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Fitness Challenge

Who is Charity Lynette & What is Curvy Chick Fitness?

Consistency